Tuesday 26 January 2010

If I was a Rich Girl........and had to get a gift for the Man who has Everything....

Introducing the Livescribe Pulse.


Last week I met up with an old friend. We were having a very important conversation so he was taking notes. With this.
I'm not usually one to notice something so every-day as a pen but this one caught my eye and when a few days later it was still on my mind, I decided to ask him about it.
Knowing my friend and his (ahem) penchant for nice things I'd already presumed there was gonna be something special about it, but when he said "That pen is cleverer than me" he was not overstating things (sorry Jon but you said it!).

The Livescribe Pulse not only looks good and writes well; it remembers! It remembers what it wrote, why it wrote it, where you were and who you were with when you wrote whatever it was you wrote, it remembers what was being said when you were writing, Damn, it probably remembers the name of that person you call mate/darling cos you forgot what they were called one minute after being introduced to them and now it's too late to ask. It's very clever!
But in awe as I am of its abilities, I can't help thinking it's kind of the most ridiculous pen ever invented and I'm not sure I really get the point of it.

At around £150, it's far from expensive, at least compared to these

Mont Blanc £595...not really feeling it.


Graf von Faber-Castell Pen of the year 2009 from £1750. Made of woven horsehair? Did I read that right? Yep, I like this.

or if you must


the Aurora Diamante which at over £1mil, holds the title for the worlds most expensive pen (but they only make one a year so get your name on that waiting list asap).

However even with all these diamonds around, I'd still give the Livescribe Pulse number1 prize for being completely over the top. And for the man who has everything I believe it makes the perfect gift...looks cool; titanium-y and Manly, and the gadget element is more than enough to satisfy his inner James Bond/secret agent leanings.

Done with pens.





No comments:

Post a Comment