Wednesday 20 January 2010

"An a what-a????"



The day I discovered Katie Hillier's paperclip bunny necklace was also the day I happened across The Dress to eclipse All Dresses: The Alaia Body-Con. Yes yawn, another body-con. But this image doesn't even begin to do it justice and this dress has to be seen to believed (second floor DSM).
I'm not exaggerating when I say that this dress, from it's place on one lucky mannequin, actually stopped me dead in my tracks.
The version I saw was in a nudey, peachy, almost metallic colour that I can't quite put a name to. If it was a Dulux paint colour it'd be called 'Desert Shimmer' (or something else cheesy, Roasted Pumpkin or Nigerian Sands anyone?). I prefer this colour to the white, but it's so close to my skin tone that if I were to wear it, I'd look naked from a distance. I suppose it depends what kind of attention you're after, but if I was to spend over £1300 on a dress then I'd want people to be able to see it! Fortunately (or unfortunately depending on how I look at it), its not a dilemma I have to deal with right now.
But if anyone's asking, buy it for me in Desert Shimmer and if needs must, I'll get a spray tan.

PS All day long that scene in Clueless where Cher is mugged at gunpoint has been playing over and over in my head.
Robber: [brandishing gun] Get down
Cher: Oh no..... you don't understand....... this is an Alaia.
Robber:
An a what-a???
Cher:
[sighing] It's like a totally important designer.

I'm beginning to think that in her position I would like, totally say the same thing.

Azzedine Alaia Body-con Dress £1388 Dover Street Market

No comments:

Post a Comment